Just yesterday we managed to fix all of the major bugs in the latest version of Outpost. Because some of these were completely game-breaking we decided to make another release instead of waiting for the next version.
This quick-fix is completely compatible with the other version, but it is recommended you download it if any of these bugs bother you:
- Fixed Pre-Game timer not updating when the game is first joined by more then two people
- Improved network stability
- Improved Server safety features (offline players can no longer join servers hosted by logged on people)
- Improved “smoothness” of characters even on laggy connections (can’t change anything on unstable connections though)
- Fixed up the spelling of Lazer to proper English (Laser)
- Fixed certain missing materials
- Changed movement speeds for crouching, walking and running to be more balanced.
Along with fixes in the game, we also fixed some things on our backend:
- Fixed issue with mysql connection dropping out
- Allows servers to now check if people are logged in or not
- Improved stability (no more crashes/downtime)
We hope you enjoy finally playing a more stable version of Outpost,
See you online!
Thank you everyone who came around and visited us at EBExpo, We really appreciate all the positive comments and suggestions from you guys. Download the game and have fun!
We have reports of a pretty big bug that doesn’t let more than 2 people play at once. We’re really sorry for this happening, we will fix as soon as the expo is over. So just wait 2 days and you should be able to play outpost like normal. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
Hey all you gamers from EBExpo, here’s a quick post to get you where you wanna go! Thanks for stopping by to play our game, we hoped you enjoyed it!
Liked Outpost and want to download the Alpha?
Liked Outpost and want to find out more? Head over here!
Did you know that there’s a book written about outpost?
Here’s the trailer
Want to read more about the series and download it? Right here
The long awaited new update is finally out!
After long months of hard work, we’ve managed to get a new version finished just before our appearance at EB Expo. This is definitely the best version yet with massive improvements from whatever angle you choose to look from:
- Completely new Main Menu (WIP)
- New Backend system for secure Login and preliminary stat logging
- Total Casulties and Wager Stats added
- Complete rewriting of the Multiplayer system for more secure and smooth Gameplay
- New movement system allowing for more accurate yet more flowing movement around the map
- Complete rework of the map. Similar design started from scratch!
- Overhaul of the weapons system. Should be a little faster
- Added pre and post game time (WIP)
- Networking and other optimizations more than doubling CPU performance
- More movement options for more personalized Gameplay
- Improved object physics
With an update to Unity 4 we can now support the Linux platform: “The future of gaming” – valve
Enjoy and visit us at EB Expo in the Homegrown gaming Section!
On the 3rd of October we will be releasing an update for both Outpost and the Login System. To do this the entire system will have to be shut down and you will not be able to log in for some hours.
The new system is somewhat experimental so we cannot guarantee that anything will work for that day, so if you are trying to play on this day please keep this in mind.
Along with the new system will also come a database flush. All current account data will be permanently deleted and any new data added on the 3rd of October is not guaranteed to persist.
Outpost has a rich back-story one that can only be explained through the eyes of Raz the journalist as he experiences firsthand the events and effects of the Pangean war. You can download Part One : Broken today for free!
Not only will you follow Raz but also receive the bonus History of Pangea series to learn about the origins of the country.
Just head over to our media page to read more about it and to download
Outpost is going to be attending Australia’s EBExpo at the Sydney Showground. We’ll be exhibiting at the Home Grown Gaming Section for the duration of the Expo, which is the 4th – 6th of October. If any of you are going to be going this year, please stop by and say Hi.
Check out the Expo if you want to learn more
See you there!
As of a few days ago, Outpost reached 1000 downloads, thanks to those who downloaded and those who support us. The new and improved outpost is on its way and we will get that to you as soon as possible!